Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Wilton Course I Finale Cake

One of the most difficult things for me to learn was the rose. Not only do you need the right frosting consistency, you also need to hold you bag at the right angle and at the right spot. All while you are moving the the flower nail between your fingers with your other hand clockwise. And you need to do ALL of this going at a fairly fast and even speed.

The Wilton rose is hard!

The very last class of course one we were suppossed to bring a cake so we could decorate it there using what we learned from the course-including the rose. I made a cake and frosted it (btw, I'm very proud the frosting job on this cake. It's chocolate and you don't see a single chocolate crumb, do you??) but I didn't bring it. The reason being because I knew I was a failure when it came to making the rose.

So the entire class time I worked on the rose and the rose alone. It took me about 20 tries, not kidding, to get something that even resembled a rose. It took me another 20 tries to get a fairly decent looking rose. At I'm sure it will take me another 50 tries to get a perfect rose. But by then I'm pretty sure I'll have carpal tunnel syndrome. Or be dead. Whichever comes first.

No comments:

Post a Comment