Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Freaky-Deaky Duck

Yet another horrible cake. But in my defense, I made this cake to practice for my little guy's first birthday party in March, which is going to be duck-themed. I'd never made a 3-D cake before and I figured I ought to try it out beforehand. So glad I did! I followed the directions exactly and the duck came out lop-sided. I was really impatient while applying the stars so they didn't turn out too well. Plus it kept falling over so I figured it would look horrible anyway so I didn't really try to make it look cute.

So I've decided that I'm only going to make half the duck cake (it will be lying flat) for my little guy's b-day. Besides, a one year old doesn't need an entire cake for himself!

Speaking of cakes...I tried a new cake mix with this duck cake, butter pecan. It was nasty--it tasted like burned cake. Don't try that flavor...its so gross!
Quack! Aaarrrghh!

No comments:

Post a Comment