Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Raspberry Filling Recipe

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups frozen raspberries

  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch

  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice

  • 1/4 cup sugar

Directions
  1. In a small saucepan, combine all of the ingredients and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
  2. Let cool completely before spreading onto cake.

I think this filling with white cake are a good combination.

**This filling is very seedy. Some people like to boil the raspberries and then strain the seeds, but I'm waAaay too lazy for that. I didn't mind it too much with the seeds. I think the next best thing to do is buy seedless raspberry jam instead of frozen raspberries (which btw aren't very cheap). I haven't tested this filling recipe with seedless raspberry jam so try it at your own risk!**

    No comments:

    Post a Comment