Friday, February 5, 2010

Marshmallow Fondant Recipe

Here's the recipe for marshmallow fondant:

1 Cup packed Mini Marshmallows
1 Tbsp. Water
1 3/4 Cup Sifted Powdered Sugar
Food Coloring
Vegetable Shortening

Put Marshmallows in microwave safe bowl and add the water. Microwave for 45 seconds. Stir-It should look kind gloopy-soupy. Add food coloring, if desired. Add the sifted powdered sugar and mix/ fold. Cover your working surface and hands with the vegetable shortening. Knead until pliable but firm, like 3-5 minutes or so. Roll out to 1/4 of an inch.

I like to double the recipe so I can be sure I have enough to cover the entire cake, especially if I place the fondant on the cake askew.

Make sure to sift your powdered sugar so you don't get little hard balls! I have to learn everything the hard way. I got little hard balls in the fondant and it was a pain in the butt to scrape each one out. Don't forget to sift!

Also feel free to use as much vegetable shortening as you feel is necessary. Nobody eats fondant anyway. Though I have heard this particular fondant is more tasty than regular fondant. With that said, I'm pretty sure I'll pass on trying regular fondant, thankyouverymuch.

No comments:

Post a Comment