Sunday, April 3, 2011

Train Cake

 My sweet little boy just turned two! In honor of that, I threw him a train-theme birthday party (he is obsessed with trains).  Of course no party is complete without a cake!
Instead of the two-tiered fondant cake like I tend to do a lot, I thought it would be more fun and kid-friendly if I made a train out of cake.  It was fun and relatively simple to make, though I did have a problem with the back end of the engine falling over onto the yellow car next to it.  Oops.  Probably should have put more supports in it.  Oh well.  It actually held up fairly well despite that.  I let my little sister-in-law decorate it with candy.  It's not super professional-looking or amazing, but I think it was just perfect for a 2-year old's birthday party!

 

1 comment:

  1. Cute! I bet your son loved it. Who needs the stress of a two-tier cake anyway? I bet your sister-in-law was so excited to help out. And I bet it was the hit of the party!

    ReplyDelete