Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Ladybug Baby Shower Cake

 Here is my latest cake! It was super fun to make.  I made it for my friend who is having a girl and is due the same day as me! Her shower theme was ladybugs, and she requested this cake.  It is strawberry cake with strawberry frosting.  The lady bug, however, is not cake and certainly NOT edible!  The body is made of styrofoam and the head is made from a little plastic ball I cut in half (sorry Gabe!).  I covered the styrofoam and half-ball in fondant, and painted the face with black food coloring.  The antennae are pink wire.  For the name I used my clay extruder and I put ladybugs and a few flowers around the cake.  The mother of honor loved the cake so I'm glad how the cake turned out!    








2 comments:

  1. Your ladybug is soooo cute! It's so perfect, right down to the super cute eyes! And I envy your clay extruder. :) It's totally next on my cake shopping list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caaauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutttte! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete