Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Tinkerbell Cake

A friend of mine threw a birthday party for her daughter-Tinkerbell themed-and asked me to make her a cake. Of course I said yes! I had fun making this cake, a 9" single tier confetti cake with white frosting.

Tinkerbell herself was slightly tricky to do. I cut her body parts individually (that sounds creepy-sorry) from fondant. Cutting (I used an x-acto knife) wasn't too difficult to do, but it was a little tricky getting the parts to fit back together exactly. I think it turned out pretty good for my first try. She is really sparkly but unfortunately the photos do not show it very well. The rest was fairly easy-just cut and paste. The flowers and leaves are also sparkly. I love Wilton's shimmer dust!






The flowers on the sides were a big hit...all the little girls wanted one!

2 comments:

  1. It looks great! I'm sure the birthday girl loved it! One thing I thought for cutting out the Tinkerbell, it might save you time if cut out the entire silhouette first in skin color as one piece,then cut out the dress and hair and just "glue" that on top. I've never used shimmer dust before. Is that the same as luster dust? And don't you ever just wish you had a nice camera just so you get a better shot of your cake?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks...yeah, I thought about doing Tinkerbell that way but I figured it would probably take just as long plus I wanted her to be all one level, if that makes sense. I'm not sure if shimmer dust and luster dust are the same thing, but I would assume they are pretty similar..
    Yes, I do! It is on my Christmas list, though I doubt I'll get it. I mostly hate our camera we have now!

    ReplyDelete