Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Chocolate Frosting Recipe + Secret Ingredient!

Okay, obviously not that secret if I'm posting it!

I'm waiting on the pics of my latest cake (the batteries in my camera died before I could finish taking all angles of the cake and I didn't have any extra...grrr!). If I don't get them in the next few days, I'll just post what I have in a later post...which unfortunately isn't much.

While I'm waiting on those, I thought I'd share a delicious chocolate frosting recipe with a special ingredient: Chocolate syrup! (the type of syrup you'd use as an ice cream topper)

I added this ingredient on a whim, and I'm still experimenting with the amount of chocolate syrup (I think I'm going to make more next time) but this batch of frosting turned out wonderful.

FYI, this chocolate frosting recipe isn't the so-rich-it's-nauseating frosting (and I happen to really like that sort). It's flavor is mellow, delicate, and delectable. It pairs well with an extra rich, moist cake.

Here is the recipe for one batch:

3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup butter (NOT margarine...ewww...gross!)
2 teaspoons vanilla (I use real vanilla)
1/3 cup baking cocoa (whatever brand you like)
4 tablespoons milk
1/4 cup chocolate syrup (I think it adds more flavor and makes it creamier)

I would definitely double it for a two layer cake to make sure you have enough. Also, I like to whip it up real good so it's nice and airy and fluffy since I'm not decorating with it. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment