I used cardboard for the base and covered it in blue and green fondant for the background. I tried to make it cute and not like one of these cakes.
I like my idea but the execution wasn't that great. My biggest problem was the lilies--I made 10 of them and they all shattered when I tried to take them off the foil. The Wilton book says to make them with thick consistency royal icing...but that's wrong. Medium works the best I think. My other problem with the lilies was that I used my heavy aluminum foil instead of light foil. Light foil would have made it easier to take them off. Dang. So that's why the lilies look jagged.
Had to post this pic...just had too: