Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Course IV

I just finished course IV (Fondant and Gumpaste) as of last night...which means I have taken all the courses offered! Yay!

Warning: The following paragraphs contains ramblings and venting!

Despite having a great teacher, I didn't care for this course it all. I feel like I didn't learn a single thing! Perhaps its because I've taken several ceramics course--albeit way back in High school--so working with fondant/gumpaste didn't seem as novel to me. I felt like all we did in this class was roll out fondant and cut out shapes...great, but who needs to take a class for that??

When I signed up for the class, I assumed it would end by April, and I had family coming in town then. It didn't end until just yesterday. So I had to miss one class so I could be with the fam, and I think that's the day we learned to make carnations and another type of flower, which I really wanted to learn. Dang.

Also, I signed up for the class knowing I might have to miss a free Chopin concert. But I went anyway...and do you know what we did that entire night? Learned how to cover a cake board, which I had already done in the last course. Was I ever upset! Anyone who knows me even just a little bit knows that a free Chopin concert is a big deal for me. And missing it is likely to send me into fits of rage (okay not really-but still).

I hear they are changing the Wilton courses starting in June, and that there will only be three courses. If they cut out course IV, I don't think it would be a great loss. The class is not worth the time and money put into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment