Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Rice Crispy "Cake"

Funny thing...this next cake isn't really cake at all. It's just one big rice crispy treat!

It's a yummy alternative to when you're sick of cake but still want something yummy (Styrofoam is NOT yummy, trust me!).

I'm assuming you know the recipe for rice crispy treats, so I won't type it here. All you do is make a lot of it and stuff it all in a greased cake pan. I thought I made a ton but it barely made enough to fill a 6" X 3" round cake pan.
I had no plan for this cake; I just tried a bunch of things and went with what I thought looked good. I guess it turned out okay. I think it's too monochromatic but I was too lazy to make more fondant.

This "cake" is also frosting-free, so it didn't make much mess. I used the marshmallow fondant recipe for the fondant. I think it's easier to work with than the Wilton store bought fondant.

No comments:

Post a Comment