Monday, August 23, 2010

Minion Cake

I received a very special cake request from a friend (we go way back!) for a cake for her boyfriend. He likes these characters called "Minions" from the movie Despicable Me, so she asked me to make him a cake with the Minions on it. I loved making the little figurines! Most of all, I loved seeing my old friend again after 10+ years and catching up!

I made the fondant myself and usually it turns out great, but the last few times its been giving me grief. I'm wondering if it's the marshmallows I'm using or the fact that it's so dang hot here, because lately it has been tearing real easily and turning out lumpy and bumpy when I put it on the cake. So it didn't look as great as I had hoped.

However, the recipients of the cake loved it! My favorite thing about making cakes (besides eating them) is seeing the happy expressions when they see the cake! Makes my day.




Red Velvet cake with homemade cream cheese frosting and vanilla pudding filling.





I love this pic!




5 comments: