Sunday, April 4, 2010

"Basketball" Birthday Cake

Here is the cake I made for my husband's birthday.  I didn't plan on making him a cake because I just assumed he was sick of cake.  But the night before his birthday he asked me if I could make him a cake.  Consequently, I didn't really have a plan for this cake.  I made it orange because its his favorite color, and blue because its a nice contrast to orange.  I originally made this cake to be single tiered.  But with the single tier and the covered cake bored, it looked EXACTLY like an ugly hat so I added another tier.  I just did whatever I felt like doing and the end result turned out looking like a basketball.  I'm ok
ay with that, even though neither Erik nor I are basketball fans.   

The sad story about this is he didn't even eat a single piece...family got to it before he even had a chance! 


No comments:

Post a Comment